Bathrooms are the areas that frequently exposed to wetness. When constructing or renovating a bathroom, many people miss the essential step of waterproofing them. Proper waterproofing will stop leakage in the bathroom wall, floor, and the ceilings. Water penetration in walls will also cause molds, excess moisture, peeling of paint along with other problems.
- Waterproofing acts as a barrier between the layers of flooring and prevents the water seepage and stops the occurrence of fungus.
- When there is a crack in walls, water will penetrate those cracks causing dampness in walls and ceilings and will cause damage to the electrical lines. These problems are prevented by waterproofing.
- Waterproofing helps to avoid expensive repairs as leaky bathrooms will cause discolouration and peeling of paint.
- It saves the building from structural damage and increases the property’s value.
Areas to check before waterproofing
- The pipelines near walls and floors.
- Concealed pipelines.
- Improper tiles.
- Beneath wash basins and bathtubs.
- Slopes that lead to the bathroom drain.
When thinking about waterproofing, the first step is to consult an expert who can identify the root cause of the problem. Once identified, it becomes an effortless process to waterproof your bathroom with durable solutions. Temporary waterproofing comes with several options like fixing the plumbing line, filling the cracks, tile joints and installing the correct bathroom fixtures.
Though these options offer solutions to water ingress if located properly, these are temporary which mean the problem can show its real face when it is out of control. Thusly, the clever approach of waterproofing bathrooms is two-component elastomeric waterproof and protective coating which forms waterproof membranes that protects the substrate.
Two-Component elastometric waterproofing
Two-Component elastometric coating will act as a protective shield for concrete and masonry surfaces that form the base for laying of tiles, granites and other kinds of flooring. This act as an apply & forgot option for the home owners. It will also function as a strong, non-toxic adhesive to cementitious surfaces with resistance to the chlorides commonly found in Indian bathrooms.
Say Hello To GODRY MAXCOAT 2X!
VNC Group proudly introduces a durable two component waterproofing system – GODRY MAXCOAT 2X. Just like a vaccine taken at childhood protects a person from diseases, MAXCOAT 2X protects bathroom from water right through its lifetime. GODRY MAXCOAT 2X is a ready to use two component elastomeric waterproof and protective coating for concrete and masonry surfaces. It provides an effective protection for the substrate against decay and water-damage.
The notable features of GODRY MAXCOAT 2X are:
- Strong resistance against water seepage.
- Requires less water for application.
- Gives a tough and durable coating to various surfaces.
- It has excellent resistance to chlorides and has workability.
- It is non-toxic, flexible and breathable.
It comes with many advantages which are listed as below:
- Provides durable waterproof coating, even when water is under high pressure.
- Cures and dries faster than single-component systems, including in challenging humid conditions.
- Offers strong adhesion on concrete or other masonry surfaces.
- Long lasting.
Waterproofing and elastomeric sealants go hand in hand as they are best for water retaining areas, GODRY MAXCOAT 2X can be used in waterproofing bathrooms, swimming pools, water tanks, sewage treatment plants and others. In bathrooms, these sealants can be applied where the bathtub or sink meets the tiles or near the shower. They are flexible and come with excellent water resistance suitable to plug any leaks or cracks that occur between two different surfaces.
Click here to watch the application procedure of GODRY MAXCOAT 2X.
Water leakage is a grave problem that needs to be immediately addressed by using the right waterproofing solution. It restrains humidity and its damages due to constant water-exposure. Nevertheless, by using the proper techniques, two-component elastomeric sealant and other fixtures will give you a leak-free bathroom.
To know more about GODRY MAXCOAT 2X, please visit, http://192.168.0.222/brands/godry/website/product/maxcoat-2x/